Thursday, September 25, 2008

So I don't have a mate...

Here I am in Amish Country down in good ole' Suger Creek Ohio. It is beautiful and later I'll post some pictures. Why am I in Amish Country one might as themselves...I am here for Ministers and Mates Retreat. Yes I am a minister but no I have no mate. It's been kind of a funny joke because people have asked why I decided to come out here with the rest of the pastor's on our district even though I don't have a mate. I have joked back with them and simply said.."I do have a mate..Jesus." At first this was kind of funny but then as I thought about it a little more...Jesus really is my mate. Or at least he should be. When I think of that word mate I think of someone whom is your first TRUE love. Well I can honestly say...that Jesus is my first TRUE love.

I have been doing the bible study "every single woman's battle." I love it! It has shown me so much. Sometimes it is hard being single but it is so nice...dateing Jesus. He is someone who will only tell you the truth, loves me no matter what, is patient, kind, loving, won't leave you nor forsake you and he is perfect! Wow! I think that I have the best man ever! Sorry ladies...he is taken!...ha ha

Goodnight from Amish Land!

No comments: