Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Gonna be a Buckeye

Alright people… I know…I need to update everyone on my crazy ever changing life! So here it is… first things first… I'm getting….MARRIED!!! I've often wondered if this day would ever come… so here I am 29 years old… engaged to the most amazing man! If you want to find out how all the engagement stuff happened go to this website: http://www.theknot.com/wedding/Nick-and-Kendra …Okay so back to the update… well I am moving… BIG SHOCKER RIGHT?! I mean hello that should be my middle name Kendra Moving Cable. I feel like I am always moving… I've started to wonder if I am a gypsy at heart… Here is the story…

So Nick and I are pretty set on living in the same city/area before we get married…well we have prayed separate and alone many times about where we were going to end up…would he come here…would I go there?… Well each time I have prayed, visited him…or each time he has came here… I just have always felt as if I should be there. I knew that leaving my job… would be hard… I mean I just started there 4 months ago… I LOVE my job…I LOVE my clients…I LOVE my co-workers but…I LOVE Nick more… So I started sending out resumes to places out in Ohio… BUT I didn't just send them anywhere… I was very specific… I sent them places that I could still do ABA Therapy at. I started sending resumes in the beginning of February…I only sent three. A couple of days later a company by the name of The Learning Spectrum emailed and told me that they didn't have any openings and asked if I wanted them to keep my resume on file…of course I said yes….hold up… I need to back up a little in this story…

OKAY SO I HAVE TO CONFESS… For a long long long while… I wasn't totally on board with moving… actually I was a little uneasy and very doubtful for my own reasons… well the weekend of February 14th I went out to visit Nick…It was honestly the most amazing/peaceful weekends I have ever spent with him. I had no doubt, no fears and no worries. I fully told God…"okay, I will move here." Well… on February 19th a received an email from that same company saying they weren't hiring…and they told me that they would like to interview because they have a position open. Seriously… the same week that I say okay God I give up… They emailed!

I had my first (phone) interview with this company on February 21st. The interview was great and I got recommend for a second interview with the director. The wait to find out when this interview would be was horrible! But I had my second phone interview on February 27th..and they hired me over the phone! Here are the GOD things:

-The fact that I got a job in the field that I desired.
-They offered me the pay that I needed.
-Nick has a crazy schedule at work 1-10 every day but Friday and Sunday… well my hours are M-TH 9-3:30 and on Friday 9-12:30…so we can spend Friday together!
-A friend Sheila (from Columbus) texted me the day of my first interview and told me that if I ever needed a place to move before the wedding I could help her rent her house!
-The place I will be working has three locations…the location that they needed me at was a 45-50 min drive… I got an email asking me if they could change my location which is now 20-25 min away from where I will be living!

Seriously!!! If anything else amazing happens I don't know what I am going to do! As you can see God is so good! I just need to not be so hesitant…and allow him to bless me!

Oh and I move on Friday the 14th of March… 2 days away!!!

Love, Peace, Chicken Grease!

No comments: