Friday, November 14, 2008

Everything BUT the kitchen sink...

Ok so I have ALOT of updateing to do! That is why I have titled this post as "everything but the kitchen sink"....

One simple hot dog and a hand full of candy...
This year for Halloween I decided to introduce Trunk-or-Treat...it actually ended up being more of a Hot Dog or Treat deal. We had decided in advance to pass out hotdogs to people as they came by the trunks. Needless to say we only had 2 trunks. Now this wasn't because of my lack of advertising or even lack of planning on my part. This is truley how I believe God wanted it to be. We didn't have many sign up...only about 10 people. That is a small amount of people considering the fact that we have over 120 people who attend the church faithfuly. I was pretty discouraged throughout the week and kind of down on myself but then God whipped me back into shape REAL fast. About 45 min before Trunk-or-Treat began I looked to the Heavens and said with a big sigh, "okay Lord, let your will be done." Well as you can imagine it was done. We outreached to OVER 250 people with one simple hot dog and a hand full of candy. It was amazing and it thrilled my soul...THANK YOU to those who came out to help...we actually had over 10 people:)

Flipt...
We just recently moved to a full service for the children on Sunday mornings. It used to be that the kids would leave service right after the singing and prayer. This only gave us about 45 min to do anything with the children. Needless to say the kids were so hyper when they came in after being in the "big" service. We moved the kids to a full service on the first week of November and WOW...it has been awesome!!! We are doing "FLIPT" through Willowcreek...and the kids LOVE it! I would highly recommend it if you are ready for something different and want a high energy program. The kids are really getting it and nothing thrills my soul like a child "getting it."

Ministry is so rewarding...and the best reward is yet to come...meeting Jesus face to face...

No comments: