Sunday, June 7, 2009

Left Wanting More...

As each day passes by I am left wanting more. I am left wanting more out of my day and out of my life.
  • As many of you know I have moved back home. Things are weird and different.
  • I still havnt't found a job and this economy stinks!
  • Sometimes I feel as if I don't have friends here. One of my closest friends is back in town from school which has been a huge blessing.
  • Right now I am going through a pit... kind of a pit of depression and I feel myself slipping each and every day.
  • Leaning on Jesus seriously is the only thing that I feel is keeping me going.
  • I want to get on with my life...

Things are so difficult for me right now and I can't explain the way that I feel. Lately at church Pastor has been talking about surrendering. Since I have been living back at home my life has been turned upside down... and it is difficult to deal with. At times I don't feel like I am enough. It hurts and I would like to see a light at the end of this loooooonnnngggg drawwwwwwnnnn out tunnel. I know that there are things in my life that I need to surrender fully to Jesus but the more that I try the harder it gets... I need to make changes in my life and I am continually beating myself up because of it. I need strength, faith and restoration. I need to be restored...

and still I am left wanting more...

1 comment:

newbeginnings said...

Kendra,
First of all I want to say that you have been on my mind like crazy lately. Also I am not going through quite the same thing as you, however, I am failing to surrendar to Him. Remember the old Hymn I surrendar all?......
We sung this song in church on Sunday and it hit home with me, hopefully you as well. Please know that we always have space at our home if you want to crash for a few days.

Verse 1:
All to Jesus, I surrender;
all to Him I freely give.
I will ever love and trust Him,
in His presence daily live.

Chorus:
I surrender all, I surrender all.
All to Thee, my bless�d Savior,
I surrender all.

Verse 2:
All to Jesus I surrender;
humbly at His feet I bow.
Worldly pleasures all forsaken;
take me, Jesus, take me now.

Chorus

Verse 3:
All to Jesus, I surrender;
make me, Savior, wholly Thine.
Let me feel the Holy Spirit,
truly know that Thou art mine.

Chorus

Verse 4:
All to Jesus, I surrender;
Lord, I give myself to Thee.
Fill me with Thy love and power;
let Thy blessing fall on me.