Monday, February 27, 2012

You deserve it!...

Today I was messaging a friend through facebook and in that message they had said, "you so deserve it...with all your faithfulness." This got me thinking...which is kind of a scary thing for me to do...ya know think... my mind wonders and I become analytical. Anyway... so I started thinking about what deserve really means. I know that I have used this word more than once in my life... "Kendra, you have eaten so well today...one brownie won't hurt...you deserve it." "Ugh, I am so mad at them...they deserve to not be happy." Okay that last one was a little harsh...but let's be real... I have said that in the past before...and I am sure you have too =). Let's think about this one though... because of MY faithfulness I deserve all of the greatest things in life... sound selfish?... Now the friend that I was talking to today is a great friend... from the past... she is one that I feel like if we got together we would pick up right where we left off. She has seen me at some of my worse times in life...and I have so many memories that I have shared with her! I am not discrediting what she said to me... I am actually happy that she said it to me. I am grateful that she can see that I have lived by faith for so many years...even when things were so very hard...my faith is what has gotten me through. I simply told her thank you. It left me wondering though...should we really be rewarded for our faithfulness?... For me in my life...being faithful is just something that I do... I have always done it...and it has become my way of life. Should I be blessed for it?... For me...no I don't think that I should. But that is God...he blesses us...because of our faithfulness...in spite of our mistakes...our "failures" and our flaws...he blesses us because he is love... Do I deserve to be happy in life... No...probably not...but because of God I am happy... Are you happy?...You do deserve is love...everyone is qualified for greatness!

No comments: