Saturday, September 8, 2012

Stripped...

Stripped... something that is related to removal of coverings or depriving of.. meet Kendra... She is a crazy girl...who lives life on the edge... on the wild side of faith... Now I have officially met stripped...How does it feel you ask?...it feels bare... it feels naked... like I am walking around this world with no clothes on... with this being said...we all know that feeling naked...is so freeing...a feeling of not being in bondage...being able to ya know...let it all hang out! Not that I am running around naked or anything...you are welcome that I am not. At the same time my life is being stripped of so much... well...stuff! Here is the stuff:
*Stuff-things that I can't take with me to Heaven anyway... all my furnishings...washer/dryer...my own bed...my own apartment... my own dresser... stuff... All my stuff that I am taking with me to NC was shoved into the back of my 2007 Dodge Caliber...the rest of my "stuff" is in a 5x5 storage unit in Indianapolis... I had to get rid of 20 pairs of shoes...(probably the hardest thing for me)...6 purses...multiple shirts and over 15 pairs of jeans...Basically because I needed to fit everything in my car. The place that I will be working supplies everything else for me... 
*Friends- Not that my friends are going away...but I am leaving them behind in a different state...even though I take each one of them with me...their physical bodies are not with me... No more Sunday night/Wednesday night...game nights...raise havoc and laugh until our faces are numb...at Doug and Mo's... No more weekends of chaos with Nathan, Arlie, Kelsey, Derek and Eryn...or anyone else that we pick up in random places... 
*Pastor-I'm not a pastor anymore in the church... something that I am so used to doing... something I am comfortable doing...
*Nazarene-I'm not in the Nazarene church anymore...something that I have always been a part of...my whole life that is what I have known...the Nazarene church...while yes...I still fully support it...and am still ordained in the Nazarene Church I will not be worshipping on a regular basis in the Nazarene church...
*Family-Being so close to my family...was a blessing...this isn't the case anymore... I am now 12 hrs away from my mom...Kim, Jason and the kids... From Britt and Al I am still 12 hrs away...

The adventure...kinda began Wednesday September 5th at 10:30pm... I had my car loaded...my 2007 Dodge Caliber... not a big car...a large SUV or a truck... so yes... all of my stuff that I was taking fit in one car. This is crazy to me considering the fact that I used to live in a 1100 sq. foot apartment that had two full bathrooms... my life...and my belongs have been stripped down to a car load. While yes I do have a 5x5 storage unit back in Indy... it's still only a 5x5... pretty much...open a closet in your house...and imagine all of your stuff fitting into that one closet... a 5x5 storage unit doesn't hold much stuff. I never really thought that I was a girl who liked "stuff"... I started to think different when I looked at my empty apartment...got rid of clothes...shoes...purses... but then I was reminded of a story in the bible. Matthew 19 starting at 16... the Lord was talking to a man who was rich...and this man was trying to figure out how to get eternal life.. the Lord told him "“If you want to be perfect, go, sell your possessions and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow me.” (21) Of corse this man was rich...and I am not...but I was taken care of and I have more then what I really need. This is the path that God has for my life...so I follow... 


The night of September 5th I drove about 4 hours and then had to stop and sleep for a little bit...mom and I set out again at 10:30am the next day... I drove the rest of the 7hrs...and arrived at The Royal Home at 7:30pm September 6th. My mom and I unpacked my car and put my stuff in my room. When we arrived we met Caesar and Cynthia...this couple are the head house parents of the Royal Home.. I also met a couple of the girls. Once mom and I had my stuff out of my car...we headed for the beach! 


Many have asked me how I am feeling...  here is the best way to describe it:

I am feeling overwhelmed...overwhelmed that the Lord would lead me to this place in my life...nervous..because of the unknown...excited because of the new people that I will meet...overjoyed that God is going to use me...I know he is because it is a promise...

On a deeper note... I am proud of myself for doing this without Dad physically being here... he was the man with the master plan...he would have helped me move everything out of my apt...he would have driven all the way down here...and he would have been one of my strongest supports. Mom and I did it through the strength of the Lord... I thank her for sticking beside me...and filling in the gap. I am also grateful for a friend of my mom's who supplied us with a truck and a trailer...


I don't write this blog for any other reason but to share my journey with all of you... I don't want attention...praise or credit... I hope that all will see that living by faith is the only true way to live... living fearlessly knowing that the Lord...gives..and takes away...


So really...being stripped of everything.. is the best way to live... Dad used to always say to me, "Kendra, living by faith isn't always the easiest way to live..but it is the best way to live." I would agree dad...


2 comments:

JSmith said...

PK you are truly beautiful!
Janine

K-Dub said...

Thanks Janine!